Sometimes your books appear on Goodreads as if by magic, and other times they take a few days to show up – or, mysteriously, don’t show up at all. You can add your book yourself, but this requires you to keep an eye on this every time you release a new title.
If you publish through Draft2Digital, they give you the option to have your books automatically submitted to Goodreads – as well as to other catalog sites they work with.
- You already have a Draft2Digital account.
- Your book is distributed to at least one channel through Draft2Digital.
Set up Draft2Digital to automatically submit your books to catalogs
- Log in to your Draft2Digital account.
- Click on My Account, then on Advanced User Options.
- Make sure “Submit books to Catalog Sites” is selected.
- Click Save.
Non-Draft2Digital sales channels
It’s still a good idea to keep an eye on other, non-Draft2Digital channels on your book’s page at Goodreads. For example, if you go direct to Kobo, but use Draft2Digital to publish at iBooks and Barnes & Noble, you might need to add the Kobo channel to your book’s Goodreads page. But by utilizing this feature of Draft2Digital, your book will automatically have a page on Goodreads.
- 10 Sneaky Hacks for Draft2Digital
- Goodreads help: Adding books to Goodreads
- Goodreads help: How do I add a book I’ve written to my list of works?
- Goodreads help: What is a Goodreads Librarian?
Sign up for the Blackbird Publishing newsletter!