If a book is not showing up on your Amazon author page, you need to ‘claim’ the book as yours.
This can happen even if your name is listed as an author on the book’s page. In this situation you can search for your name and the title and the book will come up, but it won’t be listed on your Amazon author page.
Another way this can occur is if you’re one of more than 10 authors participating in an anthology, box set, etc. Amazon’s interface only allows 10 names to be entered for each ebook title, and additional names must be added later.
If either situation applies to you, don’t despair! 🙂
Here’s how to claim your book.
- Log in to Amazon Author Central.
- Click on Books in the menu at the top of the page.
- If the book is missing from your list of titles, click the button labeled Add more books.
- Search for the book.
- Once you’ve found it, click the button underneath it that reads This is my book.
- A screen will pop up listing the names of the authors in that book.
- If your name is in this list, select it.
- If your name is not in this list:
- Look in the Need your name added? section and click on the contact us link.
- Fill out their form.
- Wait a little bit (maybe as long as a day).
Note that if there are more than ten authors, your name will still not appear on the list of names on the book’s page, but the book will appear on your author page.
Reference: Amazon’s help page on this topic.
Sign up for the Blackbird Publishing newsletter!