An Amazon Author Page is very easy to set up, and requires little to no work to maintain after the teeny, tiny amount of time you spent setting it up in the first place.
Why have an Amazon Author Page?
Your Author Page lists all of your books in one place, making it easy for someone who likes one of your books to find other things you’ve written.
You can also add a biography, link to your blog so that previews of your blog posts are displayed, and add videos, photos, and events.
Once your Amazon Author Page exists, your name will appear as a link to your Author Page on any title you’ve published or participated in.
Readers can also find your page by searching for your name in the Books or Kindle Store categories – both your books and your Amazon Author Page will come up in the search results.
You’ll need a regular Amazon account to sign up for Amazon Author Central. You can use your personal account, or create a new account that you’ll only use for your author persona. If you don’t have an account set up, or if you want to create a new one, you can create one during the steps below.
I created a separate author account so that I could keep the different mes separate, but it’s totally fine if you want to have only one account.
Steps to create your Amazon Author Page
- Go to Amazon Author Central.
- Click “Join Now.”
- Sign in with your amazon.com account credentials.
If you don’t have an existing Amazon account, select “I am a new customer” and create one.
- Enter the name your books are published under. A list of books will be displayed. Select your books from this list.
If no books are displayed, but you have one or more titles published on Amazon, you can search by title or ISBN.
- After you select your book(s), Amazon will send a confirmation email to verify you’re really you.
- If you write under more than one name, you’ll need to create a separate account for each name.
- Every time you publish a new book, it should show up automatically on your Author Page. If it doesn’t, follow these steps to claim your title on Amazon.
Reference: Amazon’s help page on Setting Up Your Author Central Account
Sign up for the Blackbird Publishing newsletter!