The Wild Hunt
This is the fifth volume in the anthology series A Procession of Faeries.
- Genre: fantasy
- Due date: July 15th, 2019
- Length: 4-12k
- Rates: Royalty shares distributed via BundleRabbit.
Previous volumes in A Procession of Faeries:
- The Faerie Summer
- Midwinter Fae
- Doorway into Faerie
- Water Faeries (releasing in the spring of 2019)
The Wild Hunt is a mythical hunting party made up of otherworldly beings. It was first documented by Jacob Grimm in Germany; comparable folklore is found throughout Europe.
Here are some of the variants, to give you a feel for how many options there are for stories: Wilde Jagd, Woden’s Hunt, Devil’s Dandy Dogs, Cŵn Annwn, Oskoreia, Vilda jakten, Mesnée d’Hellequin, Chasse Annequin, Divja Jaga, Caccia Morta, Estantiga, Cortejo de Gente de Muerte—and many more.
The hunters of lore ranged from faeries to ghost to gods. Stories for this anthology must include faeries and some variant of the Wild Hunt. The faeries do not have to be part of the hunting party, but they must be an integral part of the story.
Here are a few links with more information on the mythology:
- Wild Hunt – Wikipedia
- “Into the Woods” series, 53: The Wild Hunt by Terri Windling
- The Wild Hunt – TVTropes.org
- The Wild Hunt – Norse Mythology for Smart People
Deadline: May 13th, 2019
*** Submissions may close early depending on story acceptances. ***
Word count: 4,000-12,000
Manuscript format: .doc or .docx
Genre: Anything except erotica is fine, as long as your story fits the anthology’s theme.
How to submit:
- Send your story as an attachment to [email protected].
- The subject of your email should be: collection name / your name / your story title
The Wild Hunt / Jamie Ferguson / Super Awesome Story
- Use standard manuscript format. Refer to William Shunn’s guidelines if you need a reference.
This anthology will be published using BundleRabbit’s collaborative publishing feature, and will be available for purchase through Amazon, Kobo, Apple Books, and Barnes & Noble. It will be offered both ebook and print. Participating authors will sign a contract with BundleRabbit, and will be able to track sales via that platform.
Reprints will be considered. If your story has been previously published, please mention this in your submission.
We encourage submissions from diverse authors.